The second of three Zoom In Zoom Out session for the Downtown Hilo Multimodal Master Plan was held on August 14, and it was a large and lively crowd! Presentation and discussions focused on Parking and Transit for Downtown Hilo.
Input was collected from more than 40 attendees on solutions including:
- Making the downtown core more pedestrian oriented, and how that impacts parking locations and choices
- Establishing a park-once policy by creating the right type and amount of parking
- Remote parking area with shuttle service for downtown employees and business owners
- Increasing parking turnover downtown using parking management and enforcement
- A downtown circulator shuttle that operates within downtown and between key destinations such as UH Hilo and the cruise ship terminal
Here are the materials you need to brush up on what happened – comments are always welcomed!
- Notes describe topics and record comments received from attendees.
- Handouts show proposals under consideration.
We hope to see you at ZIZO 3 THIS FRIDAY August 28 for more discussion! This third and final ZIZO will focus on Pedestrian Improvements and Street Design. We need YOU to come and share your mana’o.
Once again, we’ll be meeting from 2:00-5:00 PM at the Aupuni Center Conference Room, 101 Pauahi Street in Hilo.